Inspiring Educational Excellence Through Personalized Course Work.
Yorktown includes the first 12 college course credits in the basic curriculum.
Yorktown students have higher college grades than other north Texas high schools.
Personal Private Schooling
Since every child is different, Yorktown customizes every student’s education to fit his or her learning style, strengths and interests.
Students with a desire to advance quickly can opt for a full-time, year-round schedule.
Children learn faster, stay focused and are happy with their success.
Your student will work smarter, more efficiently and with new technologies.
Students work with a flexible time table (by quarter, day and hour) that respects them as individuals and allows them to develop special gifts and talents.
Simply put, Yorktown Education provides the highest level of academic achievement for students, based on their personal potential.
1. Yorktown’s curriculum standards are higher than other Texas Schools. The core curriculum is targeted towards the College Board’s Advanced Placement standards and the new National Common Core standards. These are the standards colleges prefer. Other Texas schools follow the Texas State standards. Texas State standards are lower than national standards. Yorktown Education will not lower our academic levels to other schools.
2. Yorktown wants all students to earn A grades in every subject. Our mastery program aims for students to learn at a 90% plus level and we find almost every student can do this in almost every subject. This can be achieved without long hours of homework. Teachers review tests and assignments with each student and the student may rework the assignment to reach a higher level of understanding.
3. Yorktown students often work to higher-grade levels in subjects they like, or have already mastered. Our policy of allowing students to move ahead keeps them engaged and happy, not bored with school. After a year at Yorktown, students have typically reached higher-grade levels of achievement and passed their peers at other Texas schools. Yorktown students may reach several grade levels above their same aged peers at other leading private schools.
4. Yorktown Education’s dual enrollment college credit program puts our students above other schools. Our students can take more college classes, and a wider variety of college classes, than any other high school in Texas. Yorktown students do better in their college courses than other leading schools. Our grade point average for courses graded by the college, in the dual enrollment program, is higher than any other Texas high school. Yorktown pays for our student’s first 12 college credits. Yorktown wants all our students to be ahead of others for college admissions.
5. Yorktown students receive more direct individual and small group instruction from teachers than any other non-special education school. Other schools would have to lower their student teacher ratio to approximately 3 to 1, to approach the time our students get with teachers. We use technology to off load teacher lectures, and free our teachers to work directly with students – one on one and in small groups.
6. Yorktown wants students to receive in-depth learning in special interest subjects. Yorktown students develop “Something They Love” so they are positioned for preferred college admissions and scholarships. This also puts students on track for happy successful lives. Student studies have included engineering, computers, medicine, and fashion design. They have also included computer animation, movie production, and theater (after our second year, one alumni became an actor in a TV series). Yorktown can provide specialized education, experience and high school credit in almost any area of interest. We do this internally, with third party partners, college dual enrollment programs and customized course practicums.
Simply put, there is no other school with Yorktown Education’s academic program and profile. Come and reach your potential at Yorktown Education!
We prepare your child for real life providing an education beyond the classroom.
Personalized learning is important for any child. Many educational institutions are not recognizing the personal learning styles of students, so these same students miss out on the opportunity to reach their full potential. When considering your child’s educational career it’s important that you seek out an institution that focuses on individualized learning. At Yorktown Education your child will have the benefit of receiving individualized attention from their teachers. Read more about the benefits of this schooling style below.
Within a private school setting in which the individual is prioritized, your student will work in smaller groups and benefit from more personalized attention. Which in turn will allow them to better absorb and retain the information they encounter.
Personalized learning processes also keep students from having to work at the pace of the other children. Instead, they can work as slowly or quickly on any one problem or subject as needed without feeling the added pressure to compete with their peers. Altogether, this makes for a more efficient and positive learning environment.
Fostered Love of Learning
Rather than struggling with learning capabilities and preferences that differ from those of other students, children in an learning environment are provided with a means of learning that suits their wants as well as their needs. Inevitably, students will come to enjoy their studies more. Also, they’ll develop a love of learning that will be carried into their personal and professional lives outside of school.
Yorktown provides the time and flexibility for our students to maximize their potential.
While Yorktown has certain core attendance times, we also provide dual enrollment college programs, individual working practicums, and 3rd party partnerships for students to develop their areas of expertise.
Examples of this course work range from earning an animators licence to acting in television to working with doctors while earning high school credits and developing their expertise.
This special course work sets Yorktown students ahead of their peers at other schools, in the race for college admissions. Yorktown also partners with third parties like the Dallas Museum of Art to provide better programs than are available at a traditional schools.